Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WIPping Cancer, A Benefit Quilt!

My new project that WILL be done by next week is my guild's Cancer Resource Center benefit quilt. The benefit is April 19th, sew time is short.

I got the final block yesterday, well worth the wait. She dropped it off on her way to get her stitches out from cancer surgery! As she described the block to me; a person starts out strong with energy and with each (orange) jolt of chemo you become weaker, drained of energy and knocked over. Powerful to say the least! But with all that said, Ruth is a very vibrant person and I can't imagine her staying down for long. She stayed up until 4:00 in the morning to finish this block. Bless her!

Front



Back

I have all the other members blocks trimmed (if needed) and I'm working on some fill in blocks.
I thought that filling in with a little love is never inappropriate.

Final layout - I think
 I will be filling in and joining with the same gray - Kona Coal. I think it will make the quilt cohesive.

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (6)
CRC Quilt
Express Your Love
Humphrey's New Bed
Mod Ovals Quilt
Pantone Quilt 2014
Tree Quilt
 
New projects: (0) 

Finished (2)
IMQG Guild Block (reverse applique')
RMQG QAYG Samples

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!




Color Me Quilty!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Your 'filling with love' is Beautiful! What a very powerful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless! It's so moving that a woman with cancer actually worked on the quilt. I guess she would know best how to represent her journey in fabric and stitches. Simply amazing. Your FMQ is exquisite as well! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete