Monday, December 16, 2013

What Do You Think?

I finally finished FMQ the last six squares on my Charming Squares quilt.





So the question becomes: What should I do for the border? I'd like to keep it fresh and modern, but I'm not sure what that means for this quilt. Should I quilt some funky feathers, then echo or should I continue out the alternating "squares" into the border so that it doesn't really look like a border? What do you think? Or something else entirely?

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed at what you can do on your DSM!
    Looks awesome.
    My favorite design is the circle one.
    I'm a sucker for polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking really good! I would do something with the border that won't take away from all the beautiful quilting you have done on the blocks. With that said...Hmmm, I don't know what that would be! Sorry, that was no help at all, Was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this point I don't have a clue! If I do modern it is just what I do, I never know how to "plan" it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another show stopper! A lot of hard work but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FMQing is beautiful!! I'm guessing that you have finished this quilt by now, but if you haven't, square spirals might be a good option :)

    ReplyDelete